1. PowerOne Internet Services (PowerOne) places a high value on personal privacy and therefore, will not share your personal account information collected during the registration process with third parties. Information collected during the registration process includes name, address, telephone number, personal computer specifications and billing information such as a credit card number. The information collected is used to provide a tailored service to our customers. It is also used to manage a customer’s account.
Disclosure of such information may, however, be necessary in very special circumstances, such as when PowerOne in good faith believes that disclosure is required under the law or in order to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may disclose certain account information to outsourcing organizations that specifically contract with PowerOne to perform services on our behalf related to the provisioning and support of our Service.
2. PowerOne may provide aggregate information about our customers, sales, web site patterns and general web site information to our affiliates and other vendors with whom we do business but this will not include any personal account information. In addition, PowerOne collects and may disseminate statistical information on the performance of a customer’s connection, which allows us to improve the service.
3. PowerOne has no obligation to monitor the Service but may do so and may disclose information regarding Customer’s use of the Service and Customer information to satisfy laws, regulations or governmental requests; to operate the Service properly; and, to protect itself and its customers. Except for disclosures we will not make in accordance with this policy, PowerOne shall have the right to use Customer information in any manner for any commercially lawful purpose.
4. PowerOne can only protect the privacy of information it collects and is not responsible for the practices employed by web sites linked to or from our web site or for the content contained therein. The web sites and services you are able to access on the Internet are outside the control and limits of this privacy statement. Any information you provide to these organizations is at your own risk. Third party sites are not controlled by PowerOne and you understand, acknowledge, and accept that PowerOne is not responsible for the content, accuracy, effectiveness, or any other matter relating to content of any such site. Links found on or through the PowerOne service does not imply any endorsement, association, or approval of the site by PowerOne.
5. PowerOne has gone to great lengths to maintain the security of our servers in order to prevent the loss, misuse, and modification of the information we control. Even though these steps have been taken, we can not guarantee that “hackers” will not obtain access to the information on these servers.
6. PowerOne may store small data files, called cookies, on a customer’s computer when the customer visits certain web sites. Cookies allow PowerOne to personalize your service by collecting and storing information that will identify you when you visit a site. PowerOne can only protect the privacy of information it collects and is not responsible for the cookies used by web sites linked to or from our web site.
7. It is PowerOne policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws relating to children’s privacy.